There are a huge number of both organizational and customer related benefits to be gained from implementing a multi-channel strategy. Here’s a few:
- Increased revenue and growth opportunities – more touch-points into target market.
- Better responsiveness and sensitivity to changing environments.
- Competitive advantage over pure-plays particularly around immediacy, education opportunities for complex products and easy e-merchandise returns.
- Organisational efficiency and effectiveness opportunities through sharing of processes, technology and information.
Customer Related Benefits
- Better and wider customer interaction with a greater variety of information available for improved understanding of customers and identification of opportunities for increasing value per customer (business intelligence).
- Increased customer loyalty through better understanding of their behaviour.
- Better customer experience reducing churn and increasing loyalty.
- Significant opportunity to leverage and improve brand impact and perception.
Customers themselves also benefit from increased choice in interaction opportunities and the ability to switch channels as convenient.